Ever wondered what the life in the UAE was like back in the day? If you’re up for a short UAE road trip, you can see for yourself! Only about an hour drive away, Old Town in Umm Al Quwain is definitely worth checking out…
Back to the 70s..
We went on a road trip to check out Old Town in Umm Al Quwain, and we literally felt like we had gone back in time! Driving around the area, here are a few things we loved:
- The place is filled with natural greenery, more than just the usual palm trees
- All the houses and buildings are super old – something you don’t get to see in Dubai
- The food is cheap and delicious – win! We ate at Al Sultan Restaurant, and ordered 4 freshly-made parathas, 2 chicken dishes, a large portion of biryani, dal, yogurt, 3 cups of chai, water and a large coke – all for AED 44 (that’s AED 11 each)!
- The sunset view from the Umm Al Quwain beach is awesome, and definitely insta-worthy
- The best part is, it’s only about an hour away!
insydo verdict: “There’s a lot more to Umm Al Quwain than Barracuda and the abandoned plane! Old Town is definitely worth a visit, especially if you’re looking to get out, explore, and take a break from the busy Dubai life. It won’t cost you much either, except for petrol and the delicious AED 11 three-course meal.”