For the first time in Dubai, art enthusiasts will get to discover the true inspiration behind the work of famed American pop artist, Andy Warhol. Letters to Andy Warhol is an exhibit by Cadillac, showcasing five rarely-seen-before letters from The Andy Warhol Museum archives in Pennsylvania.
The exhibition also features five contemporary artists who were asked to examine their connection to Andy Warhol and create a piece of artwork that portrays it. On top of that, you’ll also find on display five Cadillac-related artworks from different periods in Warhol’s career.
This December, head down to Dubai Design District and uncover the mystery behind Andy Warhol and his unique connection to the worlds of fashion, music, media and art.
Letters to Andy Warhol Exhibition in Dubai
- 8th to 16th December, 2017
- 12pm to 9pm (daily)
Where: Dubai Design District – d3 (directions here)
Price: It’s free!
- Brian Atwood and JJ Martin | “Bobby’s Brilliant Heels”
- Derek Blasberg | “Polaroids” Gallery and Photo Booth
- Sean Lennon | “Love and Warhol” and VR Drawing Station
- Chiara Clemente | “Screen Stories” Short Film
For more info about this d3 event, flick to the Cadillac Arabia website.